Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is a leading cause of death globally. Response time is critical for surviving SCA, when every minute counts. HeartSine’s samaritan® PAD was designed especially for use in public areas by providing a sophisticated defibrillator inside a lightweight, easy-to-operate system.
• Lightweight (2.4 lb./1.1 kg. with electrode pads and battery).
• No complicated controls or displays.
• Controls AND electrode pads are accessible with the samaritan PAD in the carrying case.
• Easy to use. The system incorporates very clear verbal instructions along with 3 large, easy to see icons - "Attach pads", "Do not touch the patient," and "It is safe to touch the patient."
• Integrated Metronome prompts to facilitate CPR chest compressions.
• Pad-Pak™ cartridge is easy to install, and contains both batteries AND pads - meaning only 1 expiration date to check.
• Although ECG trace is not displayed, professional responders and medical directors have access to the complete event record. While in operation, the system records the time, date, ECG trace and duration, shock delivery information and CPR intervals. Information is downloadable to PC with optional SAVER® EVO software.
• Supported by HeartSine Technologies. The Chief Technical Officer, Prof. John Anderson, has been instrumental in the development of leading and innovative defibrillator technologies since early units were first introduced in emergency vehicles in 1967.
• Small and lightweight design contains sophisticated SCOPE® Biphasic waveform technology, which adjusts output to patient impedance in order to maximize effective shock delivery.
SAMARITAN PAD™ - FAQ
How frequently do the pads and battery need to be replaced?
Electrode Pads need to be replaced once they have been applied to a patients chest, regardless of whether a shock was delivered or not. The Samaritan PAD packages the electrode pads and battery together in a single cartridge. These cartridges are called PAD-PAKs. The integration of both of the pads and battery into the PAD-PAK is advantageous to the consumer. It gives a single expiration date to monitor, and only one item to replace. The PAD-PAK has a shelf-life of 3 years, which at that time will need to be replaced.
Where can I purchase a replacement PAD-PAK?
Replacement PAD-PAKs are available for purchase through us. They are not available over the counter at any retail locations.
How do I determine whether or not to shock the patient?
There is no determining factor by the rescuer. The AED will analyze the heart rhythm, and if it is a shock-able rhythm, it will inform the rescuer to proceed with the shock delivery. The AED can only shock the patient if they have a shock-able rhythm; the shock button will not be activated unless the AED determines the patient needs a shock.
How reliable and durable is the Samaritan PAD?
The SAMARITAN PAD Defibrillator is the latest on the market. Designed specifically for public access use, It offers: ease-of-use, reliability & durability - with a 7 year unit warranty. Built on over 30 years of research and development and patented technology, the SAMARITAN PAD uses HeartSine's SCOPE Biphasic technology (a low-energy waveform that adjusts for the differences in each person's physical make-up) to deliver optimal defibrillation to every patient.
The Samaritan PAD™ meets or exceeds military standards for drop and shock (MIL STD 810F) (Category 4 Truck Transportation & Category 7 Aircraft). Furthermore, the Samaritan PAD™ has been classified as IP56 (Dust & Water Resistance), the only defibrillator in the world to have such qualification for dust and water protection.
How do I know the Samaritan PAD is ready to rescue?
The Samaritan PAD is programmed to automatically do a SELF-TEST every 24hrs.
The Samaritan PAD has a built-in ready status indicator. This green light indicator tells you the unit is ready to rescue.
Is the Samaritan PAD right for me?
The Samaritan PAD was designed with everyday person in mind. A simple to use defibrillator for: The Workplace - Businesses - Home - Schools - Churches - Medical Offices - Gyms - Factories - Resorts - Travel - Etc ...
| AED MODEL
|| Defibtech Lifeline AED™
|| Philips HeartStart™
|| Samaritan PAD™
|Voice + Visual
Voice + Visual Guides
150J - 200J
| Cost Of Replacement
Electrode Pads & Battery
| Electrode Pads: $39.00
Total Cost: $188.00*
| Electrode Pads: $49.00
Total Cost: $198.00*
Electrode Pads &
Battery Combo Cartridge
|| 5 Year
* Orientative prices